Operational Marketing Specialist Italy M/W
3 February 2020
As key players in the "Mountain / Outdoor" world, the Millet Mountain Group with Lafuma and Millet brands, have been providing leisure enthusiasts of outdoor and mountain activities for more than 60 years.
Always inspired by their pioneering spirit and very involved in sustainable development, the Millet Mountain Group brands rely on a unique French know-how to design, develop and market products combining quality, innovation, technicality and well-being.
We are looking for for our locations in Italy, an Operational marketing Specialist M/W
As Operational Marketing Specialist, you will be in charge of the promotional & operational marketing of our 2 brands Millet and Lafuma for Italy and the communication and the press & public relations. You will also follow up the dedicated marketing budget.
In this frame, your missions will be more specifically the following ones :
- Promotional & operational Marketing :
- Implementation of sales staff trainings for Millet and Lafuma
- Development of trade promotions with the international teams and implementation locally
- Preparation and development of the seasonal activity plans with the sales & marketing Director for the Latine Countries Area
- Development of specific marketing activity plans for KA in collaboration with local sales managers
- Management and monitoring of local point-of-sale (POS) advertising and brand identity
- Support of the local Retail Manager for POS development
- Communication and PR :
- Elaboration of the media planning & online' planning's for the MMG brands with the area Sales Director and with the communication manager of each brand (Annecy-FR HQ).
- Search, follow-up and steering local (national) partnerships and sponsorships (Tour du Rutor, athletes, Climbing gym)
- Definition and implementation of brands' events on the Italian market (Millet Rise Up tour, Lafuma Sustainable Activity, )
- Close work with the local PR agency for press release and editorials.
- Marketing Budget follow-up
- Preparation of the annual budget in collaboration with Sales Director
- Monthly follow-up of the budget
You are either on the road to visit retailers or you are present at the office based in Grassobio (BG). You might also be working on Saturdays or Sundays if needed.
The ideal candidate holds a bachelor or master degree and 2-5 years' experience ideally in a similar position, either in a Marketing / Trade marketing and/or in communication.
Ideally you have experience in retail, wholesale, and/or consumer goods in the sports/outdoor industry. You have either a knowledge of the sport/mountain industry thanks to your work, or are passionate about sport.
Rigorous and autonomous, you have the ability to define and implement projects and to follow-up your dedicated budget. English is compulsory for this position, French and/or Spanish would be a plus. We are looking for someone driven by challenges and enthusiastic.
You are flexible, autonomous, reliable, assertive and proactive.
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar position
- Experience in the consumer goods and passionate about sport
- Fluent in English
MILLET MOUNTAIN GROUP offers a unique opportunity for a junior sales or marketing candidate to join innovative and well-known brands.