Footwear developer H/F
1 March 2019
As key players in the "Mountain / Outdoor" world, the Eider, Millet and Lafuma brands, together within the Millet Mountain Group, have been providing leisure enthusiasts of outdoor and mountain activities for more than 60 years.
Always inspired by their pioneering spirit and very involved in sustainable development, the Millet Mountain Group brands rely on a unique French know-how to design, develop and market products combining quality, innovation, technicality and well-being.
In the frame of our development, we are looking for an Footwear Developer (M/F)
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- technical development of an ongoing portfolio of footwear projects, respecting cost and performance objectives, aesthetics and the development calendar,
- the completion of product technical files and sample reports, including the coordination of technical product information and clear communication to our supplier partners,
- ongoing search for and testing of new materials, research of new fabrication methods and technologies to maximize our ability to bring innovations to the market
- communication and liaison with suppliers as necessary to achieve each project's objectives.
In the frame of these missions, you will ensure:
- Modification of technical drawings in Adobe Illustrator, including the adjustment of existing designs and patterns, manipulation of photos, the writing of technical details and product development comments.
- Date-focused product development cycle management, including helping the management of the footwear team's development projects calendar.
- Management of materials library and supplier catalogues, ensuring that information and test results on our components and materials are kept up to date.
- Assist with lab testing of products and materials as required.
- Ongoing general monitoring of outdoor industry market trends, customer and end-user feedback.
- Participate in team discussion, contributing to the evolution of both the product range and team methodologies, along with the general ambiance of the footwear team.
- Frequent travel to factories (especially in Asia) to help drive the footwear development process.
- Graduate in flexible materials (option footwear) or equivalent and experience of 5 years in a similar position (the majority of which must have specifically been in footwear)
- Eye for detail and good understanding of footwear construction materials and methods
- Very well-organised with a systematic and methodical work approach
- Competent in Adobe Illustrator
- Clear communicator, with good oral and written communication in English is necessary. A professional level of French is desirable but not required.
- Team player, with a good ability to adapt
- Knowledge of the outdoor market
- Knowledge of production processes
- Ability to manage stress and maintain a positive life-work balance
- Ability to travel abroad
- Ideally is a climber, skier or practices other mountain sports.
Location : Annecy-Le-Vieux (74 France) with frequent travel abroad